.

Friday, December 28, 2018

Psychology week 5 Assignment Essay

Take a liveliness at the material on virtuoso desire on page 286 (Ch. 11). Do you consider yourself a sensation searcher beetle? Why or why not? What atomic number 18 the returnss and disadvantages of your level of sensation pursuance? base on the dubiousnesss in the text, I think right now Im a good desegregate of both. I like travelling and gaining in the buff experiences that I dont go out of my way to do it. However, I also like the perceptual constancy of being able to stay in peerless place. I also sock that the to a greater extent than experience you gain the more your priorities seem to change and that means that whether youre a sensation seeker or not might be where you are in life. The advantages of my level of sensation seeking are that my life experiences devote disposed(p) me a good balance of both. undecomposed now, Im comfortable where I am. The disadvantage would be maybe Im too comfortable and I might get complacent.How would you rate your let tra nsaction motivation? Why? In what ways is this advantage to you? In what ways is it a disadvantage? My imprint achievement motivation is pretty high. I tick off goals for myself and those who report to me. The goals I set for myself and my police squad are pretty high and I am driven to achieve those goals. This is an advantage because being goal driven is all-important(prenominal) in being successful in my career. Its a disadvantage because it takes judgment of conviction away from my family.What did you learn about yourself from course session about the trait theories of character? Based on the theories, supposedly Im a mild mannered extrovert that is sometimes obsessive but tardily adjusted. Ive always found myself about of a balanced person but after reading the traits I had to question that. Im not one of anything but I am umpteen of everything at different times in my life.What did you learn about yourself from reading the different theories of nature? (List and explain at least(prenominal) three things.) Based on the biological theories of personality I learned that my own personality is a combination of many things and not just one thing. use Freuds psychodynamic theory, I learned that my swelled head is what keeps the id and superego in check and that sometimes the chastisement of the ego to satisfy both results in my anxiety about certain things. Rogers humanistic approach suggests that children are influenced by their parents and need their approval by doing things to gratify them in order to receive more love. I learned that one of the causation I am the way I am is because deep down I still seek approval not just from my parents but also those who have significance in all aspects of my life.How go forth you use this material on personality to improve your relationships (personal and/or professional)? I give make use of the material on personality to improve my relationships by recognizing situations that make me anxious or whe re I am quick to be angered. I give take a step indorse to assess the situation and learn to be more patient. I will get word to be more understanding and launch myself in the shoes of the other person. The personality theories have taught me that the way I am and the way I react to situations is a result of many things including the way I was raised as well as my environment.ReferencesSiri Carpenter. Visualizing Psychology, 2nd Edition., 2009. Bookshelf. Web. 10 June 2013 .

No comments:

Post a Comment