.

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Rape: A Living Nightmare Essay -- Personal Narrative Writing

infract A Living Nightmare Is whatsoever whizz(a) truly a noncitizen to nightmares? Has anyone not woken up in a feverish sweat with a racing pulse or pounding heart? Whose eyes overhear never wildly searched their room for the phantoms of a dream? Now, what if the familiar comforter of learning it was all in your head never came? How do you elicit up from a nightmare that is, in fact, a reality? I believe Im getting ahead of myself. What I misbegot to say is, I was dishonord, and rape is a nightmare. I am a 19-year-old girl, far too old to think I know everything. I dont pretend to be an expert on rape. Having cognize the feel of a cold blade pressed to my side gave me no superior understanding of the crime, only a small scar to entertain it by. Thus I offer you no solution. I cannot say with any conviction that my writing will help to save even one person from being subjected to a similar fate. Before youve read to the hind end of this page three more girls wil l be sexually assaulted, one girl will be raped. Neither the eloquence of my words, nor the fervor of my utterance will have changed a thing.The society we live in is rape-conducive, rape-friendly, if you will. in spite of the anger I feel joining those two words together, I know the sad paradox holds within it a great cope of truth. We are a violent society that has shrouded rape in brain-teaser and shame. To stop this nightmares venomous crusades, all people must(prenominal) wage a private war to eradicate their own word meaning of the savage crime. While it is only a minority of men that rattling commit rape, it is everyones silence that tells them its ok. Before my emotions coerce me into talk about the atrocity I survived, excuse me, am surviving, I think some clarifications are in order. L... ... calm disposition is counterfeit. If you must be angry, be angry that by doing nothing to stop the assaults you have been make both the victim and the rapist time and tim e again. If you have a choice, though, choose to be upset. Be upset that it is our society that is responsible for rape and this nightmares reign over women. BibliographyBode, Janet. The Voices of enthral. New York Franklin Watts (1990)Ehrhart, Julie K. Campus Gang Rape Party Games? Washington Association of American Colleges Gordon, Margaret T. The Female Fear. New York The surrender Press (1989)Hilberman, Elaine. The Rape Victim. Washington American Psychiatric Association (1976)Macdonald, John. Rape Offenders and Their Victims. Springfield Charles C Thomas Publisher (1971)Schwartz, Martin D. Sexual Assault on the College Campus. Thousand Oaks Sage Publications (1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment